Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Reads

I have read...

Stones for Bread  by Christa Parrish (keep you posted. will review for Novel Crossing)

The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott (premise more interesting than the author's writing )

The Young Clementina by D E Stevenson (perfect. still. sunshiney look at love and loss and love in the years between the wars in a small English village)

The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers (read a bit too much like propaganda for me; but the writing was taut and I loved the guy )

Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding  (LOVED! Bridget! Bittersweet! Maybe the best Bridget Jones yet)

An Elegant Solution by Paul Robertson ( Literary Christian fiction. Compelling .Erudite )

Little Girl Blue (The Life of Karen Carpenter ) (WHY NOT) by Randy L Schmidt ( my brother is always reading Musical biography; so I read this. And the Carpenter's Reader: ephemera  of articles and reviews and interviews)

Christmas at Claridges by Karen Swan (sweet)

Trading Christmas by Debbie Macomber ( short)

The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler



Currently reading:

Blackberry Wine by Joanne Harris

Seven Men by Eric Metaxas 


Still a week of Holidays left so keep you posted


2 comments:

Kailana said...

I agree with you on The Dressmaker, too. I was hoping for so much more with that book. Good luck with your reading!

Birdie said...

The Atonement Child is one of my favourites, but then, Francine Rivers can't do much wrong in my opinion...

What did you think of The Bookstore? I didn't like the story very much, though the writing was beautiful.